Occupied, [Flick]
Ryan Archer
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:49 PM

Colonist

Advanced Member

BIO
Played by: Dun

Flick was on that ship.

It all made sense once all hell broke loose on Initium. Once the Allies attacked, killing those three hundred Fringers and more to get control over the moon, it was very clear. Ryan wasn't one to sit around watching the news, but he watched then. He realized what this mess in the last year had been all about.

It was a lot worse than he had ever assumed, and now he was certain that Flick was right in the middle of the worst of it. Even outside a military state with Alliance patrols everywhere, she was at risk. They were sending a ship after the Fringe one. They were going to attack. . .

The thought had been keeping him up at night. He'd been all kinds of freaked out.

So, he had to contact her. He had to, even with everything going on that made it so damn hard and seemingly risky . . .

It was just his voice the first time after the occupation started -- not a call or a text message, but a recording: "I can't believe you left me," he scoffed, not quite managing a laugh. "I'm, uh-" How much could he even say? "I'm okay. Everybody's okay. Wish you were here, though. Everything's crazy. I need somebody t' keep me in line, y'know, and it's not an easy job. Could use your help." If only she knew . . .

"But-- I just wanted you t' know I'm good n' my family's good, and-- well, I miss you. Hope you're doing okay." How much did she know about this whole mess? "Stay safe, n' don't turn into a stranger. Hope t' hear from you soon . . ."
PM>>
^
Ursula Hatter
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:53 PM

Inactive

Uptight is such a harsh word.

BIO
Played by: Ash

Hers had a video.

She flickered into view, tapping at the camera a moment before she was satisfied. Then she smiled, beamed, really. "I told you to come with me!" she admonished him, sticking her tongue out at the camera. "I'm glad you're all okay... I know things are rough back there. Did the military catch anyone?"

She smiled, eyes lowering briefly in guilt. "I feel bad that I'm not there... I can't imagine how dangerous it is. Don't do anything stupid, Ryan, okay? Promise me?"
PM>>
^
Ryan Archer
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 11:04 PM

Colonist

Advanced Member

BIO

Ryan didn't really think she cared if she got to see him or not, but he sent a video in response anyway.

He was smiling almost bashfully as he started by saying, "You know I can't promise t' be smart. I'm gonna try, though. I am, n' eventually this is all gonna be over n' done with, and we can stop sending each other shit and just . . . annoy each other in person." He shrugged then shook his head. "Everything's fine, n' maybe it's better that you're where you are."

Even if the Allies are sending a fuckton of people after you with big guns. God, he wasn't sure Flick wasn't already set to be dead in the near future. . .

"No major problems yet, aside from . . . you know, I guess." The whole killing almost four hundred people thing. "I'm just trying t' get by with work and Toby and Jake living with me- which is a real pain in the ass sometimes-" Since Toby wants to screw around all the time. "-but it's no big deal."

He paused, just looking into the camera.

"Thanks for sending a video," he said calmly. "It's really good t' actually see you. Tell Wheels I said hi. I'll keep you updated, but it's time for me t' get my ass to the bar now. See you around, Hatter. . ."

He offered one more crooked grin before he cut the video off.
PM>>
^
Ursula Hatter
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 11:09 PM

Inactive

BIO

It was good to see him. "It's so good to see you! Oh my God," she sighed, looking happy. "It's only a couple of years, anyway. I'll be back to getting on your nerves in no time," she promised.

"Isaiah says hi, too. I'm glad you and Toby are getting along. How about Jake? Is he stirring up any fatherly feelings in you?" Her smile widened, squinting her eyes. "And remember, any time you think about doing something completely retarded, just ask yourself: 'What would Flick Hatter do?' And let the answer guide your actions appropriately. Because if I find out you got shot in the face all of a sudden, I'm going to be really mad at you!"

After the impassioned speech, she heaved a deep breath and smiled again. Then she waved. "'Til next time."
PM>>
^
Ryan Archer
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:50 PM

Colonist

Advanced Member

BIO

Ryan smiled a little before hanging his head, feeling somewhat embarrassed.

"I had to explain t' my buddy Jake that I'm not his other parent. He got kinda confused about it, but we're good now. We're pals," he explained before glancing up. "Toby n' I are getting along." In bed and . . . elsewhere, too. "It's all okay."

Reaching out of sight, he grabbed a hold of a beer bottle he'd set aside. He took a sip from it before he got to the other thing he wanted to mention.

He might have been a little intoxicated.

"I've been trying not to take a bullet to the face, but y'know how it is . . ." He shrugged, realizing he was making humor out of something that Flick probably wouldn't consider very funny. "I'd just try t' go ahead and ask myself what you'd do, but I recall you being on the wrong end of a gun. Not sure your ways would do me much good."

Ohwell. Bad humor out of the way. Maybe.

"I've been . . . pretty well-behaved, though. Workin' hard, lookin' after my roommates here n' there. Honestly, if anybody's gonna shoot me in the face, it's prolly my sister." On that note-- Ryan narrowed his eyes, looking a bit disgusted. "She keeps talkin' about a bunch of shit a girl just shouldn't mention to her brother. I think she's getting a real kick out of making me uncomfortable, n' it's working."

He didn't really get it, but he figured it was a teenage girl thing she'd grow out of. . .

After taking another sip of his beer, he dismissed that topic and said, "It's real good just to see you're still smiling. Makes me feel like maybe I don't have to get somebody to fly my ass over there so I can crush some skulls. I hope Wheels is treating you good. . . 'cause if he doesn't behave himself, I'll really have t' get there n' show him what's what."

"You keep me updated, yeah? I wanna know if that boyfriend of yours or anybody else steps out of line. You might be far away, but that doesn't mean I can't take care of you."

He tipped his bottle toward the blinking light that might as well have been her face. "Take care. Enjoy yourself a little."
PM>>
^
Ursula Hatter
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:58 PM

Inactive

BIO

The image flickered into view, and she seemed at a loss for what to say, at first. After a moment, she smiled. "I'm glad you haven't been shot, yet. As for Hannah... don't hate me if I think that's hilarious." She laughed. "Is she talking about kissing boys, or what?"

After her laughter faded, there was an awkward moment as she looked off-screen, down at her hands.

Finally, she said, "So, um... speaking of Isaiah... he proposed to me." She felt it was only fair that he knew. She held up her hand, showing the camera the ring. "I guess he'd been holding onto it for months now, isn't that crazy? He said he knew he wanted to marry me right after we started dating. He's such a nut." Still looking at her hand, she lowered it back into her lap with an embarrassed smile.

"I'm engaged," she said, softly, still in awe of the fact. "I can't believe it, I mean... if you asked me a year ago where I thought I'd be right now, it definitely wouldn't have been on a ship to nowhere with a ring on my finger. Wow."

There was a pause, and she said, "I miss you." But it was probably best that they were apart. "Next time we see each other..."

Best not to say it.

"Well. Anyway. I'm glad things are going good, stay out of trouble. I'm going to have to start messaging Toby, too, make sure she keeps you in line." It was an empty threat. "'Til next time."
PM>>
^
Ryan Archer
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:19 PM

Colonist

Advanced Member

BIO

Ryan spent a good week stalling his response to that. He knew that with each passing day he'd make her more suspicious. He knew that the longer he put it off, the more he'd have to explain himself, but he didn't have an easy response for her. It took preparation-- a lot of thought and mental scripting.

Plus, he needed some time to break shit like a dumbass and get drunk. . .

It started with a subtle, crooked grin-- no more than a slight tug at one corner of his lips. "Congrats, future Mrs. Flick Glick." He hoped she had already realized how weird that would sound. "'M happy for you."

That was on the top of his list of things to say. It was important, his being happy for her. Friends needed to say that shit, as cliche and empty as it was.

"The ring looks good." Girls needed to be complimented on the ring, right? Hannah hadn't been any help with that one, really. She did say girls usually wanted to be told their ring was pretty, though. . . "'Course it could be a string of yarn n' still look good on you, but he did good with iot."

And . . . God, he felt awkward, as evidenced by a scoff of laughter that wouldn't really come, followed by a smile and shake of his head.

"Gotta say I really wasn't expecting this, but I'm glad you're happy. Wheels ain't such a bad guy, n' I know you really like Eury. . . n' I know it's a big deal t' find somebody you'd wanna marry. It's a big deal."

That was obvious enough, at least.

"Wish I could be there t' celebrate with you, but I guess this'll have t' do. I'll have a drink later in your honor-- somethin' classy." He gave his head a casual scratch before quickly finding that his mind was blank. Needing to change the subject, he added quickly, "You really should send something Toby's way. Be a friend n' tell her to be nice when you do, huh? She's a handful sometimes."

He paused. "Not as bad as you, though." With a wink and a grin, he said, "Love ya. Hope t' see that face of yours again soon."
PM>>
^
Ursula Hatter
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:23 PM

Inactive

BIO

It had been a long time before she got her response.

When she did, though, she was relieved, and it showed on her face when she responded. "Thought you got blacked out or something, over there! Was worried I wouldn't be hearing from you for a while..." She sighed, happily, smiling. "Does Toby have a computer, or anything? I don't really know how to contact her, but I'd be happy to!"

She shifted in her chair. "I'm glad you're taking this well. I love you, too, I was worried, you know... But I'm glad you're moving forward."

Maybe he'd found someone else already. Even better.

"Also ewww, Flick Glick! I'm going to try and convince him to take my name. Isaiah Hatter, that's not that bad, is it?"

She looked to the side, and grimaced. "I gotta go. I'll talk to you soon!"
PM>>
^
Ryan Archer
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:47 PM

Colonist

Advanced Member

BIO

Ryan really didn't want to deal with half of that last message. So, he was brief the next time around.

"You can send stuff for Toby my way. I'll make sure she gets it, n' I'll try not to get into stuff that's not meant for me."

No promises.

"As for the name, I say you be a grown up n' go by Ursula now. Ursula Glick . . . oooor make Wheels take your name. That works, too. Isaiah Hatter ain't so bad, anyway." He shrugged.

Cringing, he added, "In other news. . . well, hey-- If you've got any brilliant ideas for how to talk about guys with Hannah, lemme know. I'm desperate here." He had to smile to relieve himself of the discomfort that came from that thought. "If I don't respond next time, assume my kid sister mauled me t' death."
PM>>
^
Ursula Hatter
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:51 PM

Inactive

BIO

"You are not to ever say that name!" was her immediate words when the camera flickered on. "Ugh. It's so... gross. Ursula."

She grinned. "As for Hannah... she's a teenager, she's going to talk about boys? If you stop looking so obviously uncomfortable with it, she'll probably get bored of torturing you. "Okay, bring Toby around, or something. You can stay, I don't care." She waited, as if waiting would matter with a recording, and then waved. "Hi, Toby! I hope you're doing okay and everything's healed up... I hope you're being nice to Ryan! Try not to help Hannah torture him, even though I know it's probably really tempting because Ryan being mad and frustrated is super funny."

She burst into laughter. "Maybe I should have told Ryan to leave for that one. Anyway, talk to you soon!"
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX