Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic 

The Bitch is Back, OLIVIA WILDE AND HER FACE.
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 09:59 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO
Played by: Jeff

He was still busy.

To the point where he used up all his free time to sleep. So, on average, he was sleeping roughly four hours a day. He hadn't had a drink in probably three days and he really wanted one.

He kept getting more work, too. As soon as one thing was done, two more took its place. It was awful. Screw wanting one -- he needed a drink.

At the moment he was taking a break. Trying to take a quick nap with his eyes open, actually. It wasn't working; his eyes kept trying to close, damn it. Stupid eyelids and their... they were just stupid, alright?

He saw something and his eyes snapped to it -- to her. Was that--? No. He would have known if she was on the Exodus, wouldn't he? He got up from his seat and weaved in and around people until he got to where he'd seen her, but she must have kept moving. It was times like these that being a good five inches than most of the people around him came in handy.

He looked over some heads and saw her. Son of a bitch. It was her.

Katja Williams.

He made his way over to her and said, loudly, "Hey! Katja!" Sure, he had a problem with her breaking his brother's heart, but, other than that, he'd never really had any reason to not like her. The two of them had always got along well enough.

He suddenly had a strange thought that she might think he was Kurt. Would she be able to tell the difference? Well, it would certainly be amusing if she couldn't.
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 11:51 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO
Played by: Krys

Katja leaned over her station, not bothering to sit down because she knew that she would just have to get back up again in a moment. The workload here was insane. Everyone kept saying it would eventually calm down, but she was having trouble believing them.

Finally the computer in front of her loaded the information she wanted. Katja smiled and read the information quickly. Good report, thankfully. Intercom system was back up in the habitats. Not that it was her fault or even her department, but Katja was low enough on the food chain that she'd get yelled at for an unsolved problem like that.

She turned around quickly when she heard her name, eyes settling on a very familiar face.

Oh, shit.

She stared at the Highway brother for a moment, eyes wide in shock. She'd never even dreamed that they would be on the ship as well. This voyage just got a lot more uncomfortable. Katja decided it was Rick she was looking at, mainly because he didn't look like he wanted to hit her and Rick was in Communications as well.

She really, really hoped it was Rick. Though, where one brother was the other was sure to follow.

"Um. Hi."
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 08:53 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

"How've ya been?" He wasn't sure if he should offer a handshake, or a hug, or anything. Doing anything just seemed either inappropriate or inadequate. So he settled on doing nothing.

"I'm Rick, by the way. Not Kurt." Just to clarify.
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 10:50 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

"I've..uhm...I've been pretty good. You? Ya look tired." Katja ruffled her hair nervously. So it was Rick. That was good, right? Was she supposed to ask how Kurt was? She sort of wanted to know because in the back of her mind she felt a little bit guilty for leaving with no explanation.

"Didn't know the Highways ran away on this excursion too." Katja probably wouldn't have come in that case.

Rick didn't seem angry though, just awkward. He had been fun to hand around back in the Academy, but Katja didn't know how much had changed.
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 10:18 AM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

"I'm great. Tracy and I got engaged. Expecting our first." But I won't be there to see the kid until after his first birthday. He didn't respond to her comment about him looking tired. He preferred not to think about it.

"And we didn't run. We were assigned to the Exodus. But you weren't. Your name wasn't on the crew list." He'd checked as soon as it was available. Because he hadn't wanted Kurt to have to deal with her.

But now she was here anyway. Yippy-fucking-skippy.
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 11:42 AM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

"Seriously? Congratulations!" Engaged and expecting. They certainly had moved fast in their commitment. Katja guessed by the look on his face that Tracy hadn't been able to come along. Which meant Rick would miss his kids birth.

"Last minute replacement." She explained. "For Marlowe."

At least now she knew to avoid the Engineering deck as much as humanly possible. Katja shifted uncomfortably again. She hated this. "Sorry." She wasn't sorry for leaving but she was sure sorry for getting on the Exodus.
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:18 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

He smiled tiredly. It seemed like everyone else was more excited about it than he was. There was probably something to that.

Evelyn would probably have a ball with that.

Last minute. That made sense. He nodded. At her apology, his eyebrows rose. He hadn't been expecting that. "For what? Breaking my brother's heart?" He hadn't meant it to come out so harsh, but there was nothing to do about it now. He figured that wasn't why she was apologizing. She was probably just sorry that she'd ended up on the same boat as them.

Rick was, too. Because now she was bound to run into Kurt and get him all fired up.

Great.
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:31 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

"Wow, took two whole minutes to bring that up. I'm surprised." Katja folded her arms. "No, I am not sorry for leaving Kurt." She told him firmly. Katja stood by her decision. Maybe she could have gone about leaving a little differently, but that was in the past.

"Should have known this assignment would bite me in the ass."
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:59 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

He sighed. "Sorry. Didn't mean to sound so--" he waved a hand vaguely, "-- bitter." He ran a hand down his face. "Look, this is... awkward. Clearly." This was going so well. It was good that he'd bothered her.

Because obviously it was better than ignoring her and leaving her in peace.

"Sorry for bothering you."
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:08 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

Katja nodded slowly. It was very awkward. But it was nice seeing old friends, even if they hadn't parted on good circumstances. "Don't." She frowned. "Don't be sorry for bothering me. It's good to see you. Really good."

She forced a weak smile. "And I fully intend to stay as far away from Kurt as possible." Now that promised to be a loud, awkward confrontation.
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:33 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

He smiled. "It's good to see you, too." His smile widened slightly when she mentioned avoiding Kurt. "I'll do my part by not telling him you're on the ship." Not that that would help much, but he didn't care. He was doing it more to protect Kurt than Katja.
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 02:09 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

"Thanks. Here's to hoping the ship is big enough for the two of us." It wouldn't be. Katja was going to spend the next year trying to avoid another soldier and having a minor heart attack every time she saw his twin out of the corner of her eye. Already it seemed like an impossible feat. "I don't suppose the identical twin excuse would work with him, would it?" Cue the lame attempt at humor.
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 03:57 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

He laughed. "Yeah, good luck with that." He didn't sound optimistic about it. He really hoped that she didn't run into Kurt. It would just be a big mess. And Kurt didn't need it. Neither did Rick.

He looked at his watch. His shift was almost over. He could hardly believe that. "What time you get off?"
PM>>
^
Katja Williams
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 04:07 PM

Exodus Passenger

Advanced Member

BIO

Katja checked her watch. Time went by fast when you were busy. "I've got half an hour left. You?"
PM>>
^
Rick Highway
 Posted: Mar 8 2012, 04:11 PM

Inactive

Advanced Member

BIO

"Half-hour." He regarded her for a second, then said, "Listen, I don't know about you, but I could really use a drink. You busy after work?" Because drinking alone meant you were an alcoholic, in Rick's opinion.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (2) 1 2   New Reply  New Topic 

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Escova Time, Space, and Chips RPG-Directory 

CBOX