so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Information Seeking, tag - Gordon
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 5 2012, 10:34 PM

Inactive

BIO
Played by: Jeff

He adopted a thoughtful smile. Not looking at her, he said, "Did I phrase that as a question?" He paused, tapping his chin comically. "That's funny." He continued to walk alongside her.

He didn't really care if she wanted him to walk her home. The idea was making sure nothing happened to her. Obviously someone wasn't too keen on Michael Dawson, and it was entirely possible --likely, even -- that that someone was on Initium, waiting for an opportunity to grab his sister, too.

Not that Gordon Blake would be much help if something did happen, but he was under the impression that his presence provided security.

He was still in denial about the fact that he made a number of people uncomfortable by merely existing.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 7 2012, 04:44 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO
Played by: Lexi

So it would seem that she didn't really have a choice in if he followed her home. Lexi scowled slightly, but didn't address it any further. Despite the fact that Gordon had a certain image that he kept up - and quite well - it was obvious that he was at least worried about her safety. She didn't know what she thought of that.

Of course, she wasn't thinking about getting kidnapped again herself. Perhaps she was just naive that way.

They walked in silence like that for a little while, Lexi keeping to herself in the chill evening and Gordon probably thinking or something. They were almost to the little place that she had shared with Michael, but finally, she couldn't help sneaking a sideways glance at him and asking a question.

"So why exactly did you walk me back?" she asked, curious. He had answered questions for her - part of his livelihood - without payment as well. Alexis decided she wanted information on this information man. "Or agree to just... help me?" Without asking for anything. At least yet, but she wasn't aware that he was actually being helpful without at least immediate thought of payment or return.
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 08:53 PM

Inactive

BIO

He raised his eyebrows at her question.

They settled back to their normal position and he asked, smiling, "I s'pose ya won't believe me if I say it was outta the goodness of my heart?" Obviously he wasn't expecting an answer to that. No one did anything out of the goodness of their hearts anymore. Chivalry was dead, no matter what Ryan Archer liked to think.

Gordon's motivations were essentially selfish. After a moment, he said, very simply, "Ya remind me of someone I knew." He had no intention of saying more than that.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 12 2012, 11:13 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

Ever since Alexis had been kidnapped by the Alliance, she hadn’t exactly been able to believe that people did things out of the kindness of their hearts. It seemed like it was impossible for someone to be able to reach that point of selflessness anymore. They all lived in hard times, now; what room did anyone have for thinking beyond those closest to them?

Then again, Alexis probably figured that she was a lot more street-smart now, ever since. Truth was, she was still far from it, and much more naïve than she thought. She also didn’t factor in exceptions to the rules.

But she reminded him of someone he knew. She cocked her head to the side slightly, a bit interested. She liked stories, and she wanted to know how people ticked. Besides – who knew much about Gordon’s own life, despite how much he knew of those of others? Even though there had been finality in his voice, Alexis ventured to question. “Who was she?” she asked simply.
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 02:12 PM

Inactive

BIO

He didn't want to tell her. He had actually been certain that he wasn't going to tell her.

But then she asked.

He sighed. "My kid sister, Beth." There was a ghost of a smile on his lips as he thought about her. "You're a lot like her. Once ya set your mind to somethin', ain't nothin' stopping you.

"She was the same way."

He knew what question was coming next, and he didn't want to answer it. Actually, he didn't even want her to ask it. But he had a feeling that, if she did ask him, he probably wouldn't be able to keep himself from telling her. Well, at least part of it.

Telling the whole story would be... dangerous.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 11:06 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

When she found out that he was likening her to his little sister, Alexis couldn't help but smile a little bit. Well that certainly made much more sense. Despite the way that Alexis had mouthed off at him earlier and the fact that he usually made profit off of these sorts of information deals, this had been different for her. And now, she could see it was because she reminded him of someone dear - and in a similar position, she could only presume.

She flushed a little when Gordon basically spoke to her determination. Sometimes, she had been called a bit stubborn in the past, and other times, people just completely wrote her off. For once, someone was practically showing admiration (or something like it) for such a trait.

Alexis could tell that there was more to the story. She should have been a little more reserved, or at least a little more polite. But she was so damn curious sometimes, and now that she had seen a bit into the heart of the man, she wanted to know more.

Swallowing a little, she glanced at him. Her voice was low and a little wavering, but the words came, nonetheless. "What happened to her?"
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 03:33 PM

Inactive

BIO

And there it was. That question.

He took in a breath and let it out slowly. "She died." He didn't want to say more, but he knew that this would not sate her curiosity -- and he knew a lot about curiosity. It was pretty much his business. "Killed by people who thought they could... get to my father."

Yet another reason he hated Vincent Blake.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:26 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

Alexis inhaled sharply. She couldn't quite remember how to breathe out for a moment, and so was stuck between breaths for a few long seconds. The bad thing about satisfying one's curiosity and asking questions was getting a sort of answer you didn't expect.

She hadn't exactly wanted to bring up bad memories or hurt the man that was helping her, of course. She inwardly cursed how she had given in to asking the question.

That didn't stop her from wanting to know more, though. She felt bad, but she wondered about his father. Thankfully, this time she was a little more on the polite side and kept her mouth shut. "I'm sorry," she murmured, hoping that she hadn't upset him somehow.
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:20 PM

Inactive

BIO

He sighed, waving a hand dismissively. "Don't worry 'bout it. Not your fault." He was grateful that she stopped the questions there, because he wasn't sure he would want to answer any further ones.

Well, he hadn't wanted to answer the ones he already had, but he wanted even less to answer any more. She would have to be satisfied with the answers she'd gotten. If not... well, he had a feeling she could probably get some more out of him if she really tried.

Not that he was going to tell her that.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:51 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

Alexis was having a really hard time trying not to learn more. A really hard time. She bit her tongue, then the inside of her cheeks. How could she ask something so personal to someone she hardly knew?

She swallowed hard, as though she were trying to swallow the words. It didn't work. They came out faster than she could stop them. "But why?" she whispered, at least having the mind to keep the forbidden words soft. "What about your father made people want to get to him?"
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 09:47 PM

Inactive

BIO

Gordon smiled.

Curiosity: it always got that damned cat in the end.

"Vince Blake was a politician, on Artemis." That would likely strike a nerve. Artemis was an Alliance planet. "But, after his wife died, he resigned an' we moved to Corwin. He ran for office again, won, an' decided it was up t' him t' clean up the crime in the Fringe." He paused. "Startin' with the illegal arms trade." He rubbed his forehead.

"One o' the bigger names in the business went after him, through Beth." It was a good thing his hands were in his pockets, because they were starting to shake. He felt lightheaded. He needed a cigarette, though he hadn't had one in nearly a year.

And here he'd been thinking he quit.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:15 PM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

Alexis felt a tinge of guilt, but she pushed it aside for curiosity's sake.

As Gordon spoke of his father, Alexis could hear a bit of contempt in his voice. However, at first she couldn't really tell why this was so. Perhaps it was the life of a politician's family, or perhaps it was a long-set hatred of the Alliance that Gordon had developed at an early age. His father had obviously been a little over-zealous about what to do in the Fringe - going after such an impossible task as clearing up the arms trade, surely.

And apparently, he had learned this the hard way, through the death of his daughter. But had he done this out of selfishness or had it truly been the mistake of an idealist?

Alexis realized that Gordon was shaking. Her brows furrowed in concern. "Jeez, you okay?" she asked, stopping and turning towards him.
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 16 2012, 07:48 AM

Inactive

BIO

He was trying to think about something else -- anything else. Trying to calm himself. But he was just so...

Mad.

He took a deep breath just as Alexis spoke again. He looked at her, then shook his head. "'M fine. I jus'... You wouldn't happen to have a smoke on you, wouldja?" Probably not, but it was worth asking at this point. He was fairly certain this little shaking thing wouldn't last long either way, but he would definitely be OK with a quick fix.

And he'd been doing so well, not smoking for so long.
PM>>
^
Alexis Hollis
 Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:33 AM

Colonist

The Little Sister

BIO

When he asked her for a smoke, Alexis started and looked at him, a little shocked. Okay, so it wasn't so big a deal, this man asking for a cigarette or whatever, but his demeanor had changed quite dramatically just from talking about his father. She felt a little more guilt settle in. She didn't know if he really did smoke, or if he was just looking for a way to take the edge off. The fact that he was shaking was unsettling, though, and she wasn't quite sure what to do to help.

"Um, no, sorry," she muttered, glancing at the ground. They had stopped in the middle of the street, and she figured they needed to get a move on before someone started asking question. It was getting late. She shuffled forward again, back towards home.

"I..." Alexis hesitated and looked back at him with a quick glance. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." Affect him so much? She had given into her damned curiosity, and she hadn't expected consequences. Hadn't she learned anything the last several years?
PM>> WWW>> MSN>>
^
Gordon Blake
 Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:16 PM

Inactive

BIO

He held up a hand, which he managed to keep from shaking. "No, it's fine. Questions're my trade; I always answer 'em. Not your fault." Though, generally, he didn't answer questions about his life. But this time was different. She deserved to know, he figured.

As long as she didn't go blabbing it to the world, but he didn't think she would.

The shaking was subsiding as he began to walk again, hands back in his pockets.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Escova Time, Space, and Chips RPG-Directory 

CBOX